Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ladies Retreat

My Mom & I at the retreat..

We had the ladies retreat today at my Mom's church. It went well and there was an ok turn out considering it snowed all day. We had about 40 people come which I would say is good for a snowy day.
I spoke on Friendship, there was games, music, and the theme was Friendship quilts. We had all the homeade quilts that ladies had made all around the church. It was so pretty and to see the different ones. Some old some new it is very inspireing to go out and make one for bedroom. I am thinking that is what I would like to do for next year for my bed and make pillows curtains to all go with the room. I need to make it a haven for me and clean neat room. It will be my project that I would like to do.
Not sure what pattern I would like to do but am leaning toward bear paw (brown, blues, white) or apple one (yellow, red blue, or green) Have to look up some quilts and see what I like.. Will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time at the retreat. The quilts were beautiful! And what my daughter spoke on Friendship was encouraging. Thank you Stacy Love you

    ReplyDelete