Tuesday, January 19, 2016

                                                              Bible cover
So who doesn't like a pretty looking bible? When I purchased my bible it was UGLY! but it was cheaper and the bible was the size I liked best. So I figured I would just make my own. So that is the first thing I did for my bible. I bough heavier fabric and just cut it out slightly bigger then my bible.

I needed to add something to keep the bible shut so it didn't flop open. I had this red ribbon that is very wide 2 inches. I took a piece of 1/2 inch elastic and cut it to the size that fit the bible around. I took the elastic and stretched it while I sewed on the ribbon. I made the ribbon overlap in some areas when I sewed it so that it would look more ruffled.
I am so pleased how it turned out. I am not waiting until I find some fabric that is thicker chevron pattern... Why not accessorize your bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment