Monday, January 4, 2016






Twine Bottle 

Step by step on making your own 


This will take about an hour to make.
It is very simple and cheep decoration or gift.
I have made two of these already and they are going on my gift giving list for Christmas or Birthdays this year!


















Here is what you need

1. An empty glass bottle. I used them from a peach juice and from some sweet chili heat sauce. Any glass jar will work I am going to try a salsa jar next.

2. Twine I get mine from my dollar store.

3. Hot glue and glue gun.

4. Why not add a cup of tea or coffee so you can take a break half way!


Lets get started 

I start at the bottom of my jars. So take the twine and glue a dot at the bottom to secure the twine in place.





I glue around the whole base to keep it secure. Just a small line will do. The key to this craft is less glue is better. If you put to much going up the sides it will goo out and you will see it on the finished product.








When you are on your way up the side of the bottle make sure that you are wrapping tightly and pushing the twine up to the other twine you have already glued. This ensures that there will be less gaps to see through.


Half!! You could keep it like this and add a ribbon to it and a tag. Or keep going like I did.

I used one glue stick so far...

















I had to change glue sticks again. Now on Glue stick number 2!

See the gap I am pointing to? Make sure to push up on the twine into the twine already glued and this will eliminate that whole.






See how I pushed it up and now there is no gap!












Here you can see I am getting to the curve of the bottle. I found I needed to glue more to make sure there wasn't as much Slippage.

Just keep gluing and wrapping!

The end is in sight!


   So you have gone around the curve of the bottle and now keep going so close to finished!!


I am on Glue stick number 3 now.......
Keep wrapping it tight and gluing 
Push it down!! to keep the gaps minimal.











This part is the trickiest I find of the whole thing. With the part where the bottle cover screwed on it isn't smooth. So just do your best to keep the twine close together and it will come out just fine.




When you get to the end just rim off the end of the twine and it will look rough like this.













                                                                        Then just put a dab of glue and secure that end piece inside the jar.




You are finished!!! Looks great doesn't it? I know you will love the outcome.


















This jar I added some chevron ribbon around the center and just glued the back of it to secure it in place.

I added a twig from one of my trees outside.
Voila your done!!

My BFF mentioned if I pained the twigs white and added glitter to them they would look really good. So I am thinking next week that would be a fun project to try!



Have fun Crafting and I hope you enjoy making your own twine bottle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment