Monday, January 4, 2016

My first attempt at refinishing furniture.

This was my great grandmothers little stand.
It was all a light color wood that had once been stained and the stain was coming off.. So I sanded the rough spots, wiped it down, primed it and painted it.

Sanded down the edges to make it look more the style of the piece. The handles were the original wooden nobs and I just used the extra spay paint from my light fixtures and painted them to match. It is a perfect little stand to put my phone book and keep everything all organized without having something huge in my kitchen.

Plus I can keep this sentimental piece and still have a stylish piece in my newly painted kitchen.

I will be redoing more pieces this summer coming summer it was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment