Tuesday, January 19, 2016


On the edge
As I saw the beautiful edges that others have put on their bibles I started getting nervous about mine. Would I like it would it be mess up!!! Over and over I thought about it. I wanted to use a stamp and if I used a stamp it would be permanent on the paper. So I promptly got my husband to come and help me hold my bible REALLY tight so the pages were together. I put the stamps on the     edges.. I figured I just needed to do it! I really like the dragonfly and the leaves on the main edge. I am satisfied with the flour it isn't how I thought it would turn out after I colored them in with pens but it could have been WAY worse haha..






This edge looks different right? I wanted to add washi tape (decorative craft tape) to the first page of each chapter. I was going to do it down the main side of the bible which had my dragonfly on it but like I said above it was my favorite side of the bible how it came out.. So I wasn't sure how each chapter with tape would make it look. So instead I did the top edge of my bible. I get the best of both worlds. The worst     of the edges were now kind of separate so you don't see the mistake and I get the look of the washi tape on the chapters. It was time consuming! It would have    been much easier on the main edge then at the top and having to deal with the binding. Yet it was worth all the struggle :)
My mother just did hers a week or so ago and she did all 3 sides! it looks really nice also. I wish I had taken a picture of it for you all to see. But whatever you decide just go with it! love the results and embrace your choice. No turning back right!?!
    Here is how the pages look and the washi tape that I used. I bought a pack from the craft store and it all corrdinates together.








No comments:

Post a Comment