Monday, January 4, 2016

Kitchen Light fixtures
I decided we need to take down our ugly cream fans that couldn't get clean and the globes were missing. You know the type? haha
So when I went shopping the ones I kept being drawn to were SOOO expensive way out of my price range. So I decided to go to a local second hand store to see what they might have.
When I went it there was the sign that made me do a little dance and walk a little faster 50% OFF all light fixtures!!!
Don't you love those types of deals?
So I went back to see if anything was left. There wasn't any that matched which I didn't expect there to be but a woman can hope right? But these two were on the opposite sides of the store and they looked so similar that I just had to have them. I got the BOTH for a grand total of $30!

I promptly went to walmart and got a box of Jars, 2 cans of spray paint.
I hung the light fixtures from my swing set and sprayed them down..
Sprayed the lids of the jars,
got some LED candle style lights (they don't get hot!!)
My handy husband put them up for me and I LOVE how they look. Plus for less then $60 I have 2 new light fixtures. Can't beat that..
A little elbow grease and time you can create something wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment