Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Macaroni and Cheese

Who doesn't like comfort food every once and awhile? My boys have been asking for Macaroni and Cheese so tonight is the night. I can't stand boxed Mac and cheese so it is always homemade here. I thought I would share their favorite way I make it. I hope you enjoy it as much as they do.

Recipe 

1- 8 ounce package of macaroni (I used tiny shells)
4 Tbs of butter
4 Tbs of flour
salt and pepper I just throw some in but its about 1/4 tsp of pepper and 1/2 tsp of salt.
1 cup of cream (don't have cream? No worries just use milk)
1 cup of milk
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp dry mustard
bread crumbs
corn flakes (odd right? But they add a great crunch! so just crumble them and add them to the top of the macaroni)
pepperoni for topping

So cook the macaroni to the directions on the box
in a medium pan melt butter, flour, salt, pepper until smooth and melted.
Add the cream and milk cook until thick on med heat stirring constantly.
Mix in the shredded  cheese stir until the cheese is melted. (this will not take long)
Toss the cooked macaroni in the sauce.
Place in a casserole dish.
sprinkle bread crumbs and place pepperoni on top.
Bake at 350 for 20 min.
Let stand 10 min serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment