Monday, January 18, 2016

New recipes tonight.
I made plain white rice,
roasted broccoli,
and honey mustard chicken and pork.

Broccoli:
I had a large bag of broccoli from costco and used half of it.
I placed the broccoli on foil and drizzled about 3 tablespoons of oil on top. Seasoned it with salt and pepper and then used 3/4 tsp of dried garlic pieces. (or use 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic)

Baked on top rack for 30 min at 375F.

This is so yummy.. I will be making this again for sure. It didn't last long with the 5 of us.

Honey Mustard Chicken / Pork
So tonight I didn't have enough pork to feed us all so added a chicken breast to the pan.
Season your meat with salt and pepper then I drizzled mustard all over the top. Don't be shy!!

Then I put it in the oven at 325F for 30 min.
I then made a glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
and enough honey to make a paste I didn't measure but most likely 1/4 cup.
Mix it together and add more honey if it is to thick. Then just smother that over the top of the warm meat. Cook until your meat is fully cooked.

Now here is how it tastes SOOooooOoo good.. Cut your meat on the pan that you cooked it in. Sliced like in the picture above about 1/2 inch thick to 1 inch thick. Then just soak both sides in the drippings before placing it on the plate. It will add so much flavor and you and your family will go back for seconds or thirds so be prepared ;)
My boys loved this and told me I had to make it again..
I hope you enjoy Happy Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment